Assassins Creed:Valhalla

 



ASSASSINS CREED : VALHALLA

                                                        I remember I played through about the first two to three hours of this game with the same gear and not once having to go into my inventory to sort everything out, it was very easy, very focused all my time to be put into upgrading and enhancing every piece of gear, rather than swapping it out every five minutes, so that was great. Another thing I really enjoyed about ball hollow was their new design for the side content side question origins and Odyssey were very annoying to say the least, you will get dozens upon dozens of side quests piled up in your quest, most of which being copy and pasted Biller, just straight up there to waste your time, you had to actually play a lot of these cycles as well you didn't really have a choice because you need to be a certain level to continue the main class, it was grindy very boring and was solely there to make the game longer. However, I'd say for the most part, Valhalla completely solved that issue. For starters, there was no certain level, you had to be to continue the main story, I mean, sir. There's a recommended power level but I really never had to go out of my way to purposely increase my level like how I had to for Odyssey and origins, I got the necessary power levels from just playing the main class, so there's that. And also the long checklist of cyclists were completely gone. Instead, there were brief world activities you stumbled upon in the world they were often really short, most of them comedic and I'd say pretty enjoyable, they weren't copy and pasted chores, you can actually tell them real humans had designed and came up with these world activities. Now granted, I think a lot of that endless grind and filler missions were actually caught into the main story over here to talk about what the game is right so we'll save that for another video. Now even though I'm personally not a big fan of the combat from one holla, it definitely felt the best out of the previous two RPG games, while in Origins and especially obviously the combat feel very floaty and grinding enemies had inflated health because there wasn't much steel or variation involved in the combat, it honestly felt extremely boring to me after the first few hours, I can confidently say that while I don't love Valhalla's combat, it's at least better and improved, you can tell Ubisoft Montreal was aware of some of the issues with combat, they tried to make it more strategic and still based, which I mean, it's still really is into at least has some of that in there. You can shoot guards in their weak spots to induce a down state where you can stun attack them. There's a few more attacks you can do with the weapons you can dual wield obviously the skill tree allows for more upgrades and new abilities. The compact certainly feels slower and more weighted when compared to Odyssey, which is definitely a good thing because obviously felt like you were swinging lightsabers. And then, obviously there's the finishers in Valhalla, which is probably my favorite part about the combat system because those were pretty badass and add some much needed flair to the combat those finishers made me actually want to stun enemies more often, so I could use them, now a major thing I feel Assassin's Creed Kahala got right was the modern day storyline, I have not been interested in the modern day storyline since flag flag, and the hollows was actually really intriguing to me, it took origins and obviously slowly built, and finally made something out of it, of course, seeing original characters like Shawn and Rebecca were great, but also finally getting some understanding as to what happened after Desmond died, what condition the world was in was so good to finally hear about, and the ending was great as I'm entering the model world and joining to help the assassins and Layla finding and choosing to help Desmond, and those two possibly being able to escape eventually for once the modern day actually had me curious again for what happened next, it at least piqued my curiosity, and this is the one thing for how we'll hopefully bring into the future games and Ubisoft, better not mess it up, then again it seems like that's their new brand these days, so who knows the settlement system in Valhalla was also a new edition that I personally liked now It certainly isn't perfect and it could have been much better but I enjoyed the system it almost reminded me of monteriggioni from AC . I thought that pretty cool to be able to expand your Viking settlements, and the final thing I think Valhalla did right was toning down the size of the open world. Now in my opinion, the world is still a bit empty in many areas, it doesn't have a ton of environmental variety but at least it wasn't the overly sized stuff mess from Odysseys Ancient Greece that world was massive and it was just way too big bubbles world is a little more rich, and the world activities made it a lot more enjoyable to explore among with some Kaizen teams who could explore for extra rewards, it's not a perfect open world but at least it's not too ridiculous and scale so I think toning it down a level was definitely the right call. And no I haven't been the most positive about Valhalla lately. It's kind of funny because when the game first came out I think I was just blinded by the shiny newness of the game, and wasn't that's critical. I definitely recognized its flaws more as I've had more time with it and time to formulate my opinion but regardless, I still feel like there were some really good and solid improvements in Valhalla from Odyssey, and even origins in some parts, but let me know what you guys think of this in the comments and what you think Valhalla did right and maybe what he did wrong as well.

Post a Comment

0 Comments