Mortal Kombat 11:Aftermath

 



Developers : Nether realm , Shiver Entertainment

Publishers: Warner bros INC

Platforms: PS5 , PS4 , PC , Xbox , Nintendo

Mortal Kombat 11:

                            I know it took me long enough to make this video so I am pretty late but Mortal Kombat 11 has been out and I have been fortunate enough to have received an early copy of the game thanks to Warner Brothers and Nether. And because of that I was able to avoid some of the spoilers that were going around before the game came out because I have the entire story mode in my hands. I play the story in one sitting. And the cool thing about it is that I knew this would be one hell of a watch so I watched it on my 4k TV. And it really did feel like an animated movie, It was a great experience, so anyways this story was written by Shawn Kittleson who wrote the Mortal Kombat X comics at Dominic Cianciolo  given us the latest installment in the lore, as the sequel to Mortal Kombat X, known as Mortal Kombat, 11, and right off the bat, guys, I'm gonna be honest, I really really liked this story about and some of you guys may know this about me but this is coming from a guy who didn't like Mortal Kombat nine story at all. And that Mortal Kombat X his story was just okay at it I really didn't like to focus on the combat kids in that game, but let's just focus on mk 11 But again, guys, I sat through this entire thing and really enjoyed myself. Now of course it's not perfect, that's not what I'm saying and I'll actually get into some of the things that I don't like first so I can end on a positive note here. One of the things that I didn't like was frost, I was actually really excited for frost return because we haven't had her playable in a Mortal Kombat game since Armageddon and she's a 3d era character. So to have a big return of one of the more popular 3d era characters be sort of pushed to the side or feeling like an afterthought, didn't sit well with me. I'm not really a big fan of her being a cyborg but I really do feel like it's growing on me a little bit more like like the more I watch her gameplay because she looks flashy as hell, but if I had a choice I probably wouldn't make her one. The story also suffers from the jogger problem again and at this point it's really tiring to have that problem. Thankfully, there isn't a lot of them but I really just don't like characters being treated as jobbers because if you want your audience to like your characters you should give them the best possible showing throughout everything in the game. And if you don't do that in all aspects, then you do have a chance to get some people in the community to not like your characters you want them to like, this is the case with me, with Ermac and reptile two joggers and two games will come at night and Mortal Kombat X. And it's sad because I actually do like those characters but I was actually happy to find out that they aren't in this game, because I didn't really want that job or aspect coming back into the story or in this game at all. They aren't doing anything, I just don't want them. Some of the characters that suffer from the desert trait are unfortunately frost noob Sibot Scarlet, Aaron black and centreon. Let's talk about Cetrion because centreon is like barely even a character, and I really didn't like her at all. I just don't like plot device characters, and she is one of them, but believe it or not guys those are really the only things that I really don't like about the story, the job or problem is still there, I don't really like frost turning into a cyborg but again that's growing on me, and there have been quite a few people I've seen not really liking the shakey cam cinematography, but honestly, I've seen a lot worse. Like have you seen Rob Zombie's first Halloween that is a nightmare to watch, I don't like to show you that it didn't even bother me. I didn't really notice it, and I was watching it on 4k tv so if it didn't really bother me, then I'm not really like a blame. So let's talk about the things that I really like and there's a lot of things that I like the first thing we got to say is pretty much what everyone is saying is the interactions, the interactions between all of the characters who interact at all in this story are fantastic. My personal favorites were the Lu Kang and Kung Lao interactions and their brotherly emissary even though they are related, was so sweet to see because they really are a duo that will forever stick with Mk. 

            Another one that I really liked was scorpion and sub zero and they expanded on their newfound friendship with each other from MK X and their scenes together work rate, and also the 2k knows from the past and present, I thought was fun to watch. and this is someone who doesn't really care for Kano east corner, you know, he gets a pass for being an MK one classic but seeing both young and old Kano interact was actually really fun to watch. And of course, of course, the to Johnny's interacting, I was laughing at all of the humor that came out of those two and you can really tell that the writers had a blast with these two characters, and when these two characters came together. Those are some of my favorites but again I really liked all of the interactions between all of the characters that did interact with each other, there are some relationships in the story as well and to my surprise, they were all really good. But the one I want to talk about the most is the relationship between coral con and Jade. I remember when this was teased before the game came out through some of the intros we heard with Jade and the beta. Some people were calling it force already and I just thought well, we haven't even seen the relationship play out, and let's see how it is, before we judge and say it's for us it's shit, all this kind of stuff like we haven't even seen how it plays out, just calm down. And after watching it. It did not feel forced at all, and in fact it's one of my favorite relationships and Mortal Kombat. 


            The chemistry between the two were great, it can be really dangerous to create characters in relationships, and to me, the best ones are the ones where they work with each other because it can be really easy to have one person, rely on another way too much which makes it bad, but thankfully that's not the case with coral and Jade, them two together are great. Yeah, it's a little bit random, it's out of nowhere, but really, if you take that out of the picture and you just look at how the relationship stands on its own. I think it's just fine I don't really see anything to complain about. It's really great for Jane's character to because before this game her personality and overall character and the lore was all over the place and MK nine did not help her at all because her chapter, literally does zero things for the story, and for her, but an MK 11 She does a lot of cool stuff and really establishes herself as a true classic MK character because that is what she is, and I'm really really happy that the writers made Jade great again. The Liu Kang and Kitana relationship hasn't really been well executed in Mortal Kombat story lately and specifically gitanas character has been crashing and burning from Deadly Alliance and I'd say maybe MK x, because throughout that time she has been a damsel in distress or a goon. But in this game. Oh man, this game completely fixes her character and makes her the badass she truly is. Finally, Kitana is now, awesome and I know Katana fans have been waiting for so long to get a proper showing for her and my fellow Katana fans, this is the game for you. When she killed Shao Kahn when she put an end to the association with her horrible father and for her dependent into all of that. And for her to become the new Khan was the best we have ever seen Katana, in a long, long time, like when have we ever seen Katana likeness. We haven't since the classic Mortal Kombat games, and to me, that is how you redeem Katana, that is how you portray Katana and it just shows that she is the best of all females and Mk I mean personally my favorite will still always be Scarlet, but if I had to say who is the main Dalen NK.


            I would probably say katana. The Liu Kang Kitana relationship was really cute as well, it wasn't in your face all the time but it was there and you felt like it was sweet. This story also makes the cast of heroes more connected than we have ever seen them before and I've always wanted that and it reminded me a lot of like the Avengers or any great team. And I love that and the main heroes are the classic characters and they aren't the combat kids anymore. Two of them set out in this game and surprisingly enough, even though the combat kids that did make this took a backseat, they were still great in the story and they really did improve on Cassie cage and Jackie Briggs, especially Jackie. Jackie was one of my least favorite characters. Now I like her a lot more still not like one of my favorites, but I do like her a lot more now, and definitely a highlight in the story for me. I always like Cassie, even at MK X but in MK X, I felt like what they were trying to go with her was maker, like funny and cool but she kind of came off like an asshole. And I don't like that about her but I do like the idea that's why I still like Cassie, but in this game, she is nothing like that she's more mature now but she's still retains the humor from her dad Johnny. So let me talk about Liu Kang so Liu Kang is the main hero of the game and you guys know me like my god guys, you guys know me as Liu Kang being my favorite character in all of Mortal Kombat and I've got to say. He is so fucking perfect in this game, I love everything about them in this game, the younger looking specifically, of course, this is the definitive Lukang for me. He's so genuine. You can see that he's pure of heart and a good guy who can be a little cheeky at times but overall a representation of the real Lukang and the Lukang. I like the most, the writers really really do get Luke Hanks character. It's been so long since we have seen Lou like this, and I really really do want to thank the writers for bringing Luke back to his roots and making him shine, and he's the main fucking character again like how can I complain about this Lukang hasn't been the main characters since MK four which was in 1997 So it's been 22 years since we got Lou as the main hero and I have missed him like this very much even though he's been in every game except deadly lions him not being the main character for that long, really made me want him back to the way he is in this game, and I got it. I also love the idea of fire god Lukang and the execution of fire god Lukang, and I really do like a ratings decision to sacrifice himself to make Lukang a god because what I think this tells us is really just a reminder that, out of all of the gods Raiden is the one who cares for the mortals, in his realm, the most. That's how Raiden has always really been so him taking this move for Lukang is totally in character and it made for something so awesome that I've been so curious to see what Lukang about the idea of him becoming a god he was playing around with a little bit in his MK nine ending. So now that we actually have a game where he becomes a god and the new protector of earth realm. And there's also the new creator of a new timeline which I will talk about in a minute, I think is really cool because if any character deserves this is Liu Kang key 100% deserves this. Now look, you can make picks the shit out of the story mode but honestly, I'm just not going to be that guy. Yeah, I'm not going to say it's perfect, but I'm going to stay honest with myself and tell you guys that I sat through this and played through this entire thing, and enjoyed it very much like I just cannot lie to myself about that, seeing the real heroes of Mortal Kombat get back in the spotlight and have all of them get great moments was something I felt I was missing in the past two games. For me, this is undoubtedly Netherlands best story, and I would rank this above MK nine and MK X, and I am very thankful for the story that I got and I would like to thank Sean Kittleson and Dominic Cianciolo again.

Post a Comment

0 Comments